Buses [UKDT] London Citybus 400R (4 Viewers)

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
I have fixed the issue. If you go into the C400_Main_AI.osc file and scroll down towards the bottom, there is an apostrophe misplaced before one of the entries. If you remove that, the displays will work just fine! It's amazing how one little apostrophe can do so much - but I guess that's OMSI for you.
which apostrophe? :P

I would just like to say a massive thankyou to @whistlehead @Rhys @Road-hog123 and anyone else who played a part in making this bus!!

This bus is not 100% perfect however I don't think anything is on it's first release. One of the best things about this bus has got to be it's repaint templates. Being a repainter myself, it is annoying when things don't line up and some parts you don't even know what they do however this bus has guidelines and also has instructions to help out newbies! With a bit of TLC this bus could be even better and if this is the standard for the rest of the London DLC then I don't think I can wait that long!

Just a few questions:
  • Is it possible to make the passengers wait untill the bus has knelt?
  • Do the wipers need to be a bit thicker as they look like chop-sticks?

Cheers
danielc2525

Now off to drive the return journey!!

upload_2016-10-25_17-57-47.png

upload_2016-10-25_17-58-12.png

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
How did you repaint the window @danielc2525

There should be a section on it in the instruction file in the templates folder.

To answer your questions Daniel, firstly I'm afraid I don't think so as there's no way of telling if they have to wait for the bus to kneel or not. It could probably be implemented so that the bus has to kneel at every stop, but that's not normal practice. Secondly, RH made the wipers and he tends to be meticulous about things so I reckon they're probably the right size :P

which apostrophe? :p

'########################################################################################
'Rollband
'########################################################################################

(M.L.rollband_frame)

'(M.L.Matrix_frame) <------- The one before this entry
'Türsteuerung

blahjason

Developer of the Optare Solo
Oct 23, 2016
I must agree, the doors look a bit chunky. (This might sound weird, but if you ever do get round to doing the doors again, could you make it so 1 door closes faster than the other door like real life?)

Anyhow the rest of the bus is amazing. Just need to fix the lower deck seating and the STOP display etc.

Advertisement

EDIT: Stop request is on the LCD, and the UK E400s have it in exactly the same place and design as on Winsome's E400 (according to someone who knows quite a few drivers).

As far as I am aware, there is no passenger stop light actually on the dash. However, at least from looking at the dash from the front seats as a passenger, there seems to be something on the LCD display that flashes up. This is a 63 plate E40D I am looking at.

I know the Enviro 400 Trident 2s have it too, because the original Euro 3 ones (demonstrators) don't have the passenger stop light at the front, it's located in the same place as ALX400s. I know the dash is completely different though, but no idea if they carried it over or not. I'll be honest, I do prefer the Trident 2 E400s to the E40Ds!

Next time I take a trip, I will keep an eye if I can sit at the front! Should be able to get confirmation then.

If my phone doesn't crash and I have the ability to, I may be able to provide a photo.

Last edited:
EDIT: Stop request is on the LCD, and the UK E400s have it in exactly the same place and design as on Winsome's E400 (according to someone who knows quite a few drivers).

As far as I am aware, there is no passenger stop light actually on the dash. However, at least from looking at the dash from the front seats as a passenger, there seems to be something on the LCD display that flashes up. This is a 63 plate E40D I am looking at.
The E400s which run past me on Arriva Sapphire 110 have a different display on the dash screen. It is usually a blue back ground with the bus picture or of a fuel gauge. When the bell is pressed, a bell-shaped icon appears and flashes yellow. After a couple of seconds, it goes green and remains until the 'bus stopping' is cleared. It starts flashing every time the bell is pressed.

The E400s which run past me on Arriva Sapphire 110 have a different display on the dash screen. It is usually a blue back ground with the bus picture or of a fuel gauge. When the bell is pressed, a bell-shaped icon appears and flashes yellow. After a couple of seconds, it goes green and remains until the 'bus stopping' is cleared. It starts flashing every time the bell is pressed.
yeah, all ADL vehicles with that Dash do that.

May 24, 2016
While I'm still loving that cash deck, one thing does bother me, and that is how the 1 and 2 pound coins are too far behind the chair to be able to reach without using the arrow views. People who use IR would have issues with this when it comes to giving out large amount of change. At the moment, I am just giving out 50p's. It'd be nice to see the money reversed so that instead of £2, £1, 50p, 20p, 10p, 5p, 2p, 1p it could be 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2. This way it is quicker to give out change. I don't think that 1p and 2p should be removed though, it is a nice feature to have.

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
While I'm still loving that cash deck, one thing does bother me, and that is how the 1 and 2 pound coins are too far behind the chair to be able to reach without using the arrow views. People who use IR would have issues with this when it comes to giving out large amount of change. At the moment, I am just giving out 50p's. It'd be nice to see the money reversed so that instead of £2, £1, 50p, 20p, 10p, 5p, 2p, 1p it could be 1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2. This way it is quicker to give out change. I don't think that 1p and 2p should be removed though, it is a nice feature to have.

Try holding the insert key :)

However, that is an interesting suggestion, I'll consider it

Reactions: SatoshiAaron

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Road-hog123 updated London Citybus 400R with a new update entry:

First round of fixes! :)

As always, the most I fix the more the list of things to fix grows...
Anyway, the main download has now been updated to version 1.1. If you're already downloaded the bus, you can download this patch which just contains the changed files (saves you downloading the whole thing again :)).

Fixes in 1.1:
- Reminded passengers that the driver is not telepathic and that they need to push the stop bell when...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Long time reader, first time poster.

Dude, this add on is absolutely stunning. Model/sounds etc are brilliant! Great job. Hands down the best LHD OMSI release.

A quick question; I find the sensation of speed from the cab compared to the passenger views vastly different. If you're going 20mph in the cab view it feels like 50mph. Is it just me? I find the passenger view gives a much more realistic sensation of speed.

Keep up the stunning work!

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread