Buses [UKDT] London Citybus 400R (4 Viewers)

D

Deleted member 422

Sorry, I will try again but I really hope its not illegal. btw love your scenery objects/splines and BotW and Cotterell

View attachment 6431
You have not read the repaint file have you? It clearly states that you should open the repaint template, in Paint.Net, and select the Paint Layer to paint on. It will give you a much better effect than is currently seen.

Reactions: 0118999

Advertisement

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
I really hope its not illegal.

If you've made it yourself and you haven't stolen or used anyone else's work without their permission, then it's fine. If you have stolen files, then it's not illegal, but you'll get in trouble as you're not allowed to take credit for work other people have done.

D

Deleted member 422

If you've made it yourself and you haven't stolen or used anyone else's work without their permission, then it's fine. If you have stolen files, then it's not illegal, but you'll get in trouble as you're not allowed to take credit for work other people have done.
Just to let you know, that taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own is illegal ;) It can either be classed as plagiarism or fraud. Take you pick.

@Myles Wilson Adding on from my previous point, all you seem to have done, is re-colour the existing Arriva repaint, which for this bus, will not work. You need to start your repaint entirely from scratch like this:
You have not read the repaint file have you? It clearly states that you should open the repaint template, in Paint.Net, and select the Paint Layer to paint on. It will give you a much better effect than is currently seen.

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Just to let you know, that taking someone else's work and claiming it as your own is illegal ;) It can either be classed as plagiarism or fraud. Take you pick.

True, but you won't go to a court and hear the judge say "I'm giving you 3 months in prison for using someone's file in an OMSI 2 repaint" :tearsofjoy:

D

Deleted member 422

True, but you won't go to a court and hear the judge say "I'm giving you 3 months in prison for using someone's file in an OMSI 2 repaint" :tearsofjoy:
Well...no :P But its the principle of theft, fraud and plagiarism that counts.

3 years later - The Old Bailey

"I herby sentence you to life in prison, with a minimum of 50 years, for stealing a pixel of paint from another repaint"

Bradley Good

Someone who Love's London
Oct 20, 2016
Bexley
Sorry, I will try again but I really hope its not illegal. btw love your scenery objects/splines and BotW and Cotterell

View attachment 6431
Right I can see what's he has done. He is using the Arriva repaint that come with the bus so yes this is illegal as you did not create the main files. If this is for your use only its not but if you upload it somewhere then it will be (if you haven't asked for permission)

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Right I can see what's he has done. He is using the Arriva repaint that come with the bus so yes this is illegal as you did not create the main files. If this is for your use only its not but if you upload it somewhere then it will be (if you haven't asked for permission)
Yes, but is it okay if I just show a picture of it and not upload it?

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Yes, but is it okay if I just show a picture of it and not upload it?
Yes that would be fine :)

Also, don't ignore the point:

@Myles Wilson Adding on from my previous point, all you seem to have done, is re-colour the existing Arriva repaint, which for this bus, will not work. You need to start your repaint entirely from scratch like this:

Dec 22, 2016
Why isn't the main dashboard screen functional? It means you can't see whether you have a stop request or fuel levels, etc. Why no screen like the original Hong Kong Enviro 400 that came with the TSLP? I hope when it comes out in the full London release it has a dashboard!

D

Deleted member 422

Why isn't the main dashboard screen functional? It means you can't see whether you have a stop request or fuel levels, etc. Why no screen like the original Hong Kong Enviro 400 that came with the TSLP? I hope when it comes out in the full London release it has a dashboard!
Well it does have a dashboard ;)
Due to Rhys selling the product, the dashboard which is commonly seen in the real-life bus cannot be used without licensing. Of which, Rhys hasn't got. So you won't see the actual ADL screen in the add-on.

Dec 22, 2016
Yes, but what I am saying is, why doesn't it at least have a dash like the Enviro 400 TSLP had. That obviously wasn't copyrighted. At the moment I am just staring at a picture of a static bus. I can't see stop requests or fuel levels.
Sorry, I'm quite new to OMSI 2, I haven't got much experience.

Yes, but what I am saying is, why doesn't it at least have a dash like the Enviro 400 TSLP had. That obviously wasn't copyrighted. At the moment I am just staring at a picture of a static bus. I can't see stop requests or fuel levels.
That bus wasnt made by Rhys he just modified it for TSLP also that bus is free this isnt

D

Deleted member 422

If you read my post, its because Rhys is selling the product. If he released it for free, he would and could be able to. I am sure it is something that will be released at a later date in a free patch, if nothing else.

I think you will also find, that kneeling and door opening does trigger something on the display.

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, there's a new version of the dash screen going into the C400 that'll be bunged into the C400R with a pre-London compatibility patch. Or at least it will when I make it less thoroughly broken. On top of the existing door open and kneeling indication, it also indicates the wheelchair ramp being deployed, stop request, low fuel warning, time and cabin temperature. The cabin temperature indication will go along with actually functioning heating. All of this would have been done ages ago if I could actually use my little time somewhat effectively. :(

KieronTreacher

The Senate
Jan 20, 2016
Grimsby
Yeah, there's a new version of the dash screen going into the C400 that'll be bunged into the C400R with a pre-London compatibility patch. Or at least it will when I make it less thoroughly broken. On top of the existing door open and kneeling indication, it also indicates the wheelchair ramp being deployed, stop request, low fuel warning, time and cabin temperature. The cabin temperature indication will go along with actually functioning heating. All of this would have been done ages ago if I could actually use my little time somewhat effectively. :(

Will the patch also add the destination system that the Levante uses (allows us to have scrolling destinations on our hof files)?

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Will the patch also add the destination system that the Levante uses (allows us to have scrolling destinations on our hof files)?
No, adding that has never been an intention. Krüger+ may be added in a later update, but the Busfanat system is staying at least for now.

Does anyone have any idea when OMSI 2 London is going to be released? I've only been following it since quite recently but I have heard that it keeps being delayed, and is many months overdue?

No one has any exact idea, but it should be coming hopefully within the next two months.

There was a Facebook post by the Addon London page which states Rhys will be getting into contact with early access people within the next two weeks, and then the release should follow shortly. An exact release date is coming very soon.

Rhys is polishing up on his hometown at the moment, which should be the last bit to be done, then the whole map needs to be tested which will take a while because it's so big.

In my honet opinion, I believe it will come around mid march.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread