Upcoming Halycon DLC (1 Viewer)

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Halycon have unveiled a new bus DLC. The new DLC features... you guessed it, another Citaro.... The quality of the work does look very decent so far, however I think we've had enough of Citaros in almost every single OMSI DLC... Something different would be much more appreciated from the European Community :D.

Die C2 Stadtbus-Familie für OMS2 rollt an

attachment.php

Picture credit: Halycon Media, view the link above to see more screenshots.

FirstBro

First Yorkshire's Managing Director
Yaaayyy.. Yet another Citaro 2, which has already been made thousands of times... seriously, most of the official DLC makers are so unoriginal. "Should we make another DLC?" "Sure!" "Any ideas? Oh wait i've got an idea, how about we do YET ANOTHER C2? Even though theres more than enough already released!? Sounds like a good plan!" So tired of it.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
Not to sure what London has to do with a citaro 2 or halycon
It's a good map with good buses that haven't been overdone. Let's all wait patiently for a while.

You know, I wonder why ADL and WrightBus didn't want to get involved? Were licensing costs too high? Or was it something else? This is a great way to advertise their brand, and they'd be missing out on great opportunities.

Reactions: Danny Brooks

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
It's a good map with good buses that haven't been overdone. Let's all wait patiently for a while.

You know, I wonder why ADL and WrightBus didn't want to get involved? Were licensing costs too high? Or was it something else? This is a great way to advertise their brand, and they'd be missing out on great opportunities.
One simple answer, I didn't bother going after a license for them. The only bus I wanted a license for was the NRM, in this add-on. This was sorted between TfL and Heatherwick Studios. I've considered going straight to ADL for my next project. But I'll worry about finishing this product first :D

Anyway, back to Halycon and the Citaro. I believe although it may look similar to Aerosoft's product, it's actually been in development for a while by Nick's 3D-Modelle. IIRC when Aerosoft's interpretation came out, Nick's model was in development at the time, and it had caused a bit of controversy between the Gladbeck developer and himself. It's good to see Nick's being rewarded for his modelling work. It's just a shame about the choice of bus.

Visit his FB here Nick's 3D-Modelle (P.S. he started work on a DD Citywide, a while back)

The work looks amazing as you can see below but it's a shame it's not an RHD Vehicle :( dev's seem to do more LHD projects instead of RHD and its kinda a shame because RHD is limited at the minute

Attachments

• c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11__a.jpg
    c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11__a.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 96
  • c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11_b.jpg
    c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11_b.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 114
  • c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11_c.jpg
    c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11_c.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 117
  • c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11_d.jpg
    c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11_d.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 121
  • c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11_e.jpg
    c2-stadtbus-vol-1_preview_2018-05-11_e.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 98

Advertisement

Hullian111

Aug 5, 2017
dev's seem to do more LHD projects instead of RHD and its kinda a shame because RHD is limited at the minute
Well, the game was originally set in West Germany, the devs are German (probably), and there is a sizeable European community. I think if a UK dev made OMSI 2, then we'd be having the opposite from all around other European countries.

Hullian111

Aug 5, 2017
So what you're saying is... "maek yourself". Like... anyone can just go and make a bus?
Last time I checked, IIRC, in a thread some months back, someone said it was 'fun'.

I mean, I want to make an Alexander RL Volvo Olympian myself, I just don't see how my inexperience, limited references, and recent events makes it 'fun'.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Last time I checked, IIRC, in a thread some months back, someone said it was 'fun'.

I mean, I want to make an Alexander RL Volvo Olympian myself, I just don't see how my inexperience, limited references, and recent events makes it 'fun'.
Lol, I mean it's fun once you get going and know what you're doing. But it gets boring after a while

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread