What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, well you should see new screenshots in a few days. I've spent the past 3 weeks rebuilding a lot of the bus from scratch

But the Gemini 3 is always on a Volvo chassis with the option for a diesel version (Volvo B5TL) and an option for a hybrid (Volvo B5LH). They both use a Volvo D5K engine but with different transmissions.

A Streetdeck is an integral product that uses a Daimler OM934 Engine (same engine used in the Streetlite, Metrocity, Metrodecker and a few other buses, such as the Citaro, I think).

The main difference with the two is the dashboard. However, other visual difference can be spotted, such as the window layout on the Volvo B5LH/Gemini 3. You will notice that the lower deck windows are asymmetrical

Streetdeck has a OM934LA that is in the Streetlite, Versa, Metrocity, Metrodecker, Solo SR, Tempo SR (I believe) where as the newer Citaros have OM936hLAs and the older ones have OM904hLAs I believe.

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 2523

I mentioned a few weeks or so ago in the Whats on your workbench thread that I was going to develop a map set in the area of the North Wales/Chester Boundary.

I was actually making good progress on the map, but this has since ceased due to a system crash which resulted in the loss of about 300GB of data, unfortunately including most of my Steam folder. This demotivated me to do most things, but I have decided to get myself out of the gutter and I'm making a map of the town of Connah's Quay.

It's a lot smaller than what the original Deeside map was going to be (Dropping from about 10ish miles of driving on the rural roads of North Wales to about a few square miles)

Anyway, I thought I'd make this thread as the new map isn't developed enough to make a WIP thread, and it's also a nice place to put any updates on the map.

What will the map include?
  • 1 - 3 routes. One of these being a shuttle service that was put in place by Arriva because of roadworks on a particularly awkward road that a typical E400 couldn't navigate with the roadworks in place, so they chucked a dart on it. Another may be a fictional route linking the more north-west side of Connahs Quay with the south-eastern side of Connahs Quay.
  • The tight, awkward-to-navigate roads associated with UK Roads, something especially noticeable in this area
  • Real routes operated by AI to simulate realism. These routes will likely become usable after the Beta stage has been completed and the map expands further.
Map Expansion?
  • If the map turns out to be popular and is worth expanding, I will likely work on a basis of putting out updates as I add parts to the map, for example, If after creating Connah's Quay and I begin to create the neighbouring town of Shotton, I will likely put an update out that includes Shotton, adding a fictional line to add to the fun!

I'm not sure how long this little project will take, but this is where I'll post updates and as it gets more developed, I'll create a WIP thread.

Wish Me Luck!

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 2523

Advertisement

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Will you also be posting these screenies on Flickr? Looks better than ever! :)
Not these ones, but I'll post a few when I post my map updates.
Looks fabulous as usual! Is the 19 an AI route or something because I've not seen the buses on your screenies branded for that before!
It's an AI route that can be seen in Piccadilly Circus and Holborn. The destinations in my screenshots sometimes do not indicate anything related to the actual routes included in the addon, :P

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread