What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Castlemilk37

98% Organic Human (may contain traces of asbestos)
Jun 29, 2016
1 Muriel Street, Barrhead
Enviro 200 sounds! (note these are older ones, won't sound like the newer 2010+ models.)

Do us a favour and change your signature to better than Morphi, or at least remove apparently. These sounds are great, are the sounds are off an enviro 200 dart or a newer enviro 200? I'm not that clued up on all your arriva stuff.

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Thread closed temporarily, I'll be cleaning up the thread and speaking to the relevant parties involved. I'm sick of this argument.

[EDIT] Thread has been re-opened. Going forward, if someone does say something you may not like, then use the report function, instead of going back and forth.

Last edited by a moderator:

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Getting to know the OMSI Editor by trying to create my own map.
Currently working on Bristol Airport which will hopefully incorporate the car park shuttle bus services (if I can work out how to do it lol).

Just trying to get the basic road layout for now.

Below is the livery I made the other day which will be the main bus used on the map.

Currently re-creating the Bristol Airport parking shuttle bus for the Citaro. Will be for both variants.

View attachment 32172

EDIT: Now created the non-bendy variant of the Citaro.
View attachment 32190

Any help, tips or suggestion will be appreciated. :)

1532544113983.png

Edit 21:15 25/07/18

More work on the main roundabout and have started to plan out the A38 which connects Silver Zone (the main airport car park) with the main terminal. I have managed to figure out how to make custom splines of which the A38 is one.

1532549770766.png

1532554167815.png

Last edited:

Badger

Banned Member
Oct 22, 2016
Currently working on Bristol Airport which will hopefully incorporate the car park shuttle bus services (if I can work out how to do it lol).

View attachment 32227
Oooh this is looking great! I tried myself, but couldn't hack it, too hard for me lol, best of luck to you!

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015

Below is the livery I made the other day which will be the main bus used on the map.

More work on the main roundabout and have started to plan out the A38 which connects Silver Zone (the main airport car park) with the main terminal. I have managed to figure out how to make custom splines of which the A38 is one.

Looks like a decent start, you certainly seems to have a feel for how things in the editor work.

The first and possibly most important tip I'll give you is to disassemble other people's work and see how they've put it together. If someone has made something you like the look of, try to work out why you like the look of it, then use that.

Secondly, make sure all your assets used in the map are up-to-date - bundling or linking to older assets can be a total pain in the neck, especially if they're not available any more. It looks like you're using some outdated IomexLH grass keerb splines in there. Generally it's preferable to develop OMSI maps on a totally clean install of OMSI, making a note of what extra dependencies you've added as you go along - getting on top of the assets you're using now may seem like a pain in the neck but it saves a lot of frustration in the long run.

Good luck :)

FirstEnviro

Developer of the Studio Polygon [Redacted]
Studio Polygon
Nov 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Looks like a decent start, you certainly seems to have a feel for how things in the editor work.

The first and possibly most important tip I'll give you is to disassemble other people's work and see how they've put it together. If someone has made something you like the look of, try to work out why you like the look of it, then use that.

Secondly, make sure all your assets used in the map are up-to-date - bundling or linking to older assets can be a total pain in the neck, especially if they're not available any more. It looks like you're using some outdated IomexLH grass keerb splines in there. Generally it's preferable to develop OMSI maps on a totally clean install of OMSI, making a note of what extra dependencies you've added as you go along - getting on top of the assets you're using now may seem like a pain in the neck but it saves a lot of frustration in the long run.

Good luck :)

Thanks! :)

I've been looking into other maps to see how things are done and that's mainly the way which I learn things so this is proving helpful for me.

In terms of assets, I never thought of creating a fresh install of OMSI and that seems like a very good idea so I might do that and download the latest assets.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Reactions: whistlehead
Oct 17, 2016

-snip-

-snip-
Looking good mate :)

Reactions: FirstEnviro

busmadguyuk

the british omnidekka
Oct 27, 2016
More progress has been made on Bristol Airport's roads. I started trying to import my own custom assets but I ran into some sizing and texture problems so I'm holding off on that for a minute.

Roads looking good though. :)

View attachment 32257
View attachment 32260
looks good it will be nice to have an english airport uutle map

Reactions: FirstEnviro

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread