What's on your workbench? (Dec 2015 - March 2020) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I tend to go for a bit of a scattergun approach with my projects, I reckon it's probably best to have some kind of central location to keep everything, rather than having a ton of individual threads. Seems to make sense to keep everyone else's work here, too, so let's get started!

4jx6F21ZMQC9Tm2C8qv4zZ9YLFOV5m3L.jpeg

Addenbrookes is coming along quite nicely, I feel. The paved area is complete, though I reckon some of the textures need a little tweaking before I'm fully happy with them - it's a little pristine right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
New mini roundabouts!

cFQb4mxh4Rk3_JYMb_n5kgLpfyww3bKD.png

Roadhog's markings attach to them, which means that you don't have to try to align them manually and the markings move with the roundabout if you move the object! :)

And here's a polygon comparison between one of these (right) and one made out of splines (left):

cFQb4mxh4Rk3_JYMb_n5kgLpfyww3bKD.png

...yeeeeaahhh...

Reactions: sunny2807

Advertisement

Jan 20, 2016
Mr @joe_alker? Yeah, well I was talking to him, and he mentioned that the 77/77A/78 used to be run by nationals, so I thought, why not?

I've got my own SetRight printer that I'm hoping to integrate into the bus. Not sure how to go about it though, because the printer issues tickets based on the price, and I'm not sure how OMSI does it.

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Gonna be pedantic here

- The font is wrong for the branding

- The 78 used to be the 79 when it was run by Nationals until 1996. It was renumbered in 2009 to avoid confusion

- the 77/77A had their branding as Honister Rambler and were operated by Mercedes 709Ds until 2010

But I'll be doing some of the repaints at least for the release so don't worry XD.

And yeah the bus looks good.

q1l-kxVQC18wW30g3jGs7yl9iVNoKVJH.jpeg

Advertisement

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Well i have been creating a map for OMSI 2, but in need some help naming it. Any suggestions? By the way its an English Map.

That depends on where the map is supposed to be set - place names vary a lot across the country. For instance, you wouldn't find a Wicken Fen in Cornwall, nor would you find a Trebarwith Strand in Cambridgeshire.

Take a look at names from the area which inspired it, and see if you can spot a common pattern. Then maybe try mashing two of them together and seeing what happens - that's what the makers of Beckonscot model village did (Beckonsfield and Ascot)

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Well i forgot to say it fictional and its a mix between towns, big towns and countryside

I'd suggest you need more of a defined region than that. Otherwise it'll be hard to give the map a defined character, which could make it feel a little bland.

If you don't know what area inspired it, then it's probably your own local area, because that'll be what seems normal to you :P

trainzy

Average Joe
Jan 24, 2016
Wow, it looks nice, especially that bus gate! I always go for generic names so mix towns and cities from all over the country. Though a Westcountry boy, those areas are more in my work than other places. Such as Eggerston (which is on my project map), which is close to the city of Exeter. Its when you get to street names, then it becomes a but trickier.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread