Maps Yorkshire Counties (1 Viewer)

I have decided to relaunch the WIP from scratch rather than reactivate the old forum post (Which has since now been archived) There are several reasons for this and i wont go into them here but lets just say its for the best. So after releasing version 1.2 on here as an early access public beta it was decided that due to circumstances beyond my control Fictional Yorkshire would resume development in private with a select group of Testers.
Needless to say we are now on Version 1.5 and the changes have been exceptionally substantial. New Routes, Areas, scenery improvements, complete re-vamps of Towns/Villages, less dependencies, New YORKSHIRE specific Livery and more. I have also spent some of my time learning new Techniques to implement into Fictional Yorkshire including Custom Junctions. I have learned a lot from current members of the community and would like to thank them a great deal for their time and patience with me. So that being said i would like to share some of those screenshots with you all and would like to reassure you that the project NEVER stopped being worked on.
A great deal of hard work has gone into making the improvements to Fictional Yorkshire and i would kindly ask that should those of you who do not have anything constructive to say not post anything within this WIP. The map will be made available for public download within the not too distant future (but no release date as of yet) and i would like to remind people that no one is obligated to download it and thus not obligated to remain interested in the WIP as it develops.
We are currently roughly 90% complete and just trying to work out some of the bugs and updates.
I would like to thank every single member of the community who has supported my map, its development and its hard work. An extra Special thanks to the Beta Testers who have fed back information and suggestions continuously and last but not least a Big thank you to the FellowsFilm Moderation team, Admins and members that continue to look forward to and help with the development of Fictional Yorkshire.
Should anyone have anything to ask regarding Fictional Yorkshire i am reachable via message or by post on this thread. I Look forward to hearing from you all and i hope you look forward to a re-vamped, updated and upgraded Fictional Yorkshire.

20170908152659_1.jpg

ASDA centre.jpg

Sea Front 2.jpg

treeton 2.jpg

Ingleborough 1.jpg

20170908150246_1.jpg

20170805000710_1.jpg

20170827223607_1.jpg

Last edited:

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
No idea what you mean by that as the livery for each route specific bus is set up as it should be. 88 uses the steel link livery, 14/15 uses coastline livery and the rest use the default livery.

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Well i'm officially happy to say after some trial and error with the HOF displays and the introduction of the Yorkshire Terrier companies, The map is now re-branded as "Yorkshire Counties" and now contains Fully Fictional Town Names and services. Work still continues on the map and im very happy to announce its out with the OLD and in with the NEW. Thanks for the continued support as i work hard on trying to bring you all a high quality map that people will enjoy.

20170915183721_1.jpg

Advertisement

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
A suggestion from me would be to maybe have more than a single company monopoly in the area. Though it does happen irl, it is more interesting to have more than 1 company running around a map, maybe even another fictional one ;).

Also, maybe you could add in some type of express route by extending the motorway, or something else? It would mean there'd be a map for the Cataeno Levante to be used upon (Apparently it has AI issues however?), and add in more variety for the player to choose from. :)

Reactions: KyleOmsi2

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
A suggestion from me would be to maybe have more than a single company monopoly in the area. Though it does happen irl, it is more interesting to have more than 1 company running around a map, maybe even another fictional one ;).

Also, maybe you could add in some type of express route by extending the motorway, or something else? It would mean there'd be a map for the Cataeno Levante to be used upon (Apparently it has AI issues however?), and add in more variety for the player to choose from. :)
Unfortunately i can't really expand the map as it is already got a lot of work to do on it, however this does not mean that in a future release the map may be extended to further facilitate requests. As for the company the AI lists can easily be customized and thus the default upload will come with the Yorkshire Terrier company. Again thank you for the suggestions dude.
This looks great! You've certainly improved the map a whole bunch since your earlier versions.
Another map I look forward to driving on! :)
Thank you dude and its been an amazing journey (pardon the pun) in learning and improving the map with various techniques. Glad your looking forward to the release.

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Next step of the Yorkshire Counties Beta has been rolled out and moving forward with the testing phase fairly quickly now, thanks for all the great feedback on the map so far and heres a few exciting screenshots of the "Scenery only" Tram Route added to Yorkshire Counties. Whilst the Tram Route will NOT be operational upon release, it showcases the planned construction route for potential future plans and adds even more depth to the map. Enjoy!!!

20170915232313_1.jpg

20170916113623_1.jpg

20170916114659_1.jpg

20170916114930_1.jpg

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
meh no idea lol not exactly my area of expertise, either its an AI Issue or its a Vehicle developers issue nothing to do with the maps development as far as i know :D I'd suggest trying to ask @Rhys as he is more informed with Vehicles than i

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
This is a huge improvement from the previous version! You seem to have expanded your knowledge a lot more and it looks very neat! Keep up the good work! :)
I have learnt alot and owe that to fellow members of the community, i am extremely happy with the community as a whole and hopefully that is reflective in my map so thank you dude.

Reactions: XxSilentWraithXx

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Well, turns out the Tram Integration Project... or the TIP of the map as i call it ;) Is coming along nicely, Custom Junction works a treat and the traffic flow is consistent with that of a Great British Traffic jam (adding to the realism in my eyes) Nicely breaking up the straight Country Road Running Parallel to Grainsthorpe. Enjoy These two lovely screenshots, one of which see's the new Steel Link service adapting to the works.

20170917053328_1.jpg

20170917053525_1.jpg

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread