Maps Yorkshire Counties [Removed] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
**UPDATE** Big thanks to @Whiskey.Stuffs who has once again provided the quality repaints for an updated Yorkshire map. The Screenshot contains the ALX400 Regional repaint but will be released on the C400 and the Man A21 UK bus too. These will be available upon the maps update release. (No set date) and goes along way to showing just how much work and high quality improvements are coming to the map. Hope you all enjoy the new look Yorkshire Terrier buses and look forward to the release.

Attachments

• Yorkshire Terrier SC.png
    Yorkshire Terrier SC.png
    524.9 KB · Views: 97
Nov 9, 2017
As Roadhog mentions i do have a tiny Sylar and lots going on but i'm working hard on the update however it wont be ready anytime soon. Yorkshire was a map i learned from scratch and so i was unaware of the "assets" and folder structure process when it came to map making. However i am working hard on fixing these issues and will get an update "that will blow any previous version out the water" I have redone many areas already and worked diligently on phasing out old assets and various dependencies in order to optimize the map as best i can. I do genuinely appreciate the patience the community has with my content but personal life and all things considered (since i have to work for an income because map making doesn't pay the bills lol) i can only do so much. That being said tho please enjoy a few sneak peaks at the updated quality of the map just as it stands to show progress is indeed being made. Enjoy!!!!
Sorry If I seemed so inpatient :P Just I've seen your map and it looks like a challenge so wanted to have a go as driving around the two maps I have gets a little repetitive, However the previews you have provided looks promising so I'm sure it will be worth the wait :) Also let me personally congratulate you on your baby Son! :)

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Sorry If I seemed so inpatient :P Just I've seen your map and it looks like a challenge so wanted to have a go as driving around the two maps I have gets a little repetitive, However the previews you have provided looks promising so I'm sure it will be worth the wait :) Also let me personally congratulate you on your baby Son! :)
Thanks dude and its ok i appreciate and am very grateful people do want the map but as i mentioned everybody needs to understand (and not just with my map) that content creators do this for a hobby and whilst we love omsi we dont do it as a full time job and thus we have to earn a regular wage. This means life often gets in the way whilst we always appreciate the enthusiasm shown towards content we always have to stress map making isnt an easy task when working with a volatile editor. I dont of course speak for other members of the editing community but i do however speak from experience. I'd love to whip maps out and what not but factors contribute towards the delay of content and some are unforseen. :) I cannot stress to you all as a community how hard we work behind the scenes on content be it maps, bus mods, repaints ect and there are those members who dont understand just whats involved and think maps and buses pop out of a factory overnight. Its those people that need to understand no matter how long it takes to make and release content you cannot expect a high quality map, repaint or bus in a short time frame or you end up with Fictional Yorkshire v1.0 :P Anyway i guess what im trying to say in a nutshell is we love the community content as much as the next person but patience is the key and with patience comes the reward of a quality map or bus ect :D
Those repaints look fab, kudos to Whiskey! Saw your stream the other day, along with all the screenies, the map is coming along fantastically, well done mate carry on doing what you're doing!
Appreciate the kind words tho from both of you so thanks

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Thanks dude and its ok i appreciate and am very grateful people do want the map but as i mentioned everybody needs to understand (and not just with my map) that content creators do this for a hobby and whilst we love omsi we dont do it as a full time job and thus we have to earn a regular wage. This means life often gets in the way whilst we always appreciate the enthusiasm shown towards content we always have to stress map making isnt an easy task when working with a volatile editor. I dont of course speak for other members of the editing community but i do however speak from experience. I'd love to whip maps out and what not but factors contribute towards the delay of content and some are unforseen. :) I cannot stress to you all as a community how hard we work behind the scenes on content be it maps, bus mods, repaints ect and there are those members who dont understand just whats involved and think maps and buses pop out of a factory overnight. Its those people that need to understand no matter how long it takes to make and release content you cannot expect a high quality map, repaint or bus in a short time frame or you end up with Fictional Yorkshire v1.0 :P Anyway i guess what im trying to say in a nutshell is we love the community content as much as the next person but patience is the key and with patience comes the reward of a quality map or bus ect
Well said Sylar! Fair play for your honesty and your perseverance, another guy may have left us all hanging and abandoned development. Keep up the great work and all the best in your endeavours!

Reactions: KyleOmsi2

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
As promised here some juicy screenshots of the new Hilltop Farm View overlooking the seafront in the distance with the brand new repaints for Yorkshire Terrier by @Whiskey.Stuffs and below the newly repainted Man A21 UK at the newly refurbished Seafront Terminus. Hope these screenshots go along way in showing the progress and development of the Yorkshire Counties map. Thanks in advance for the kind comments and i hope you look forward to the map in the future. :)

Attachments

• 20180605175856_1.jpg
    20180605175856_1.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180605180144_1.jpg
    20180605180144_1.jpg
    547.3 KB · Views: 107
As promised here some juicy screenshots of the new Hilltop Farm View overlooking the seafront in the distance with the brand new repaints for Yorkshire Terrier by @Whiskey.Stuffs and below the newly repainted Man A21 UK at the newly refurbished Seafront Terminus. Hope these screenshots go along way in showing the progress and development of the Yorkshire Counties map. Thanks in advance for the kind comments and i hope you look forward to the map in the future. :)
is that hilltop where the tramway used to run or is it a new area?

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
is that hilltop where the tramway used to run or is it a new area?

Its the old "Farm Road" between Grainsthorpe and ASDA :) stripped apart and redone with gradients and improved scenery, the "Old Tramway" runs parallel along the bottom of that hill, so you can see buses on the top of that hill as you leave the seafront and head up the "Old Tramway"

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
**UPDATE** Been working on the New Depot Industrial Estate which has now been revamped and completed, Also torn apart and rebuilt Ingleborough Just off the seafront which now looks a hell of alot nicer and is much less compact with an added gradient for those who enjoy the hilly climbs of Yorkshire. Work continues and still has alot more to go but hopefully you enjoy and continue to enjoy whats coming to the Updated Yorkshire Counties.

Attachments

• 20180607182255_1.jpg
    20180607182255_1.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 20180607203425_1.jpg
    20180607203425_1.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20180607203604_1.jpg
    20180607203604_1.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 107
  • 20180607203700_1.jpg
    20180607203700_1.jpg
    598.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 20180607203717_1.jpg
    20180607203717_1.jpg
    595.2 KB · Views: 94
Jan 29, 2018
Sheffield
Pronouns
He/Him
**UPDATE** Been working on the New Depot Industrial Estate which has now been revamped and completed, Also torn apart and rebuilt Ingleborough Just off the seafront which now looks a hell of alot nicer and is much less compact with an added gradient for those who enjoy the hilly climbs of Yorkshire. Work continues and still has alot more to go but hopefully you enjoy and continue to enjoy whats coming to the Updated Yorkshire Counties.
Looks amazing keep it up

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
**UPDATE** Work has continued on the Seafront which is now 95% complete, thought id show you some screenshots of the improvements...Enjoy!!!!

Attachments

• 20180609002727_1.jpg
    20180609002727_1.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20180609002941_1.jpg
    20180609002941_1.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20180609003037_1.jpg
    20180609003037_1.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 20180609003122_1.jpg
    20180609003122_1.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 20180609003156_1.jpg
    20180609003156_1.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 87

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Looks impressive, but will the lag levels be through the roof? As there is A LOT of lighting along there.
Only if you have a sh*t system settings....fact is many people want a high quality map with detailed scenery and 0 lag in a notepad based game and simply put...thats not happening. That being said if you have the recommended settings to run OMSI 2 you should be fine. it doesn't lag on my end during testing and get solid stable FPS. So lag is dependant on your settings, computer and not the map as such. If you have a low spec system you get low spec quality.

Reactions: MatthewHarrison49

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
**UPDATE TIME** Big massive thank you to @Citaro2013 who has been kind enough to join the team in creating exclusive assets for Yorkshire Counties. Here is his local amusements arcade for the Yorkshire Seafront Development. Light textures are yet to be added to the arcades but the sound cube and building work phenomenally well and is just one step in the right direction for a better Yorkshire for you guys. Thanks for all the support and patience as i try to bring you the best possible map i can. Enjoy!!!!

Attachments

• 20180609164306_1.jpg
    20180609164306_1.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20180609165303_1.jpg
    20180609165303_1.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 20180609164312_1.jpg
    20180609164312_1.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 84
  • 20180609165320_1.jpg
    20180609165320_1.jpg
    541.5 KB · Views: 82

Advertisement

jowilliams15

Veteran Member
Jul 31, 2016
Does anyone know where i can find these please. I have downloaded the tram pack but its still showing that im missing the trams.
Sceneryobjects\Kartoffelphantom\Tram\DDR_Tramstop.sco
Splines\Kartoffelphantom\Tram\Strab_Asphalt_Car.sli
Splines\whistlehead roadways\- Other splines\Roundabout.sli

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Does anyone know where i can find these please. I have downloaded the tram pack but its still showing that im missing the trams.
Sceneryobjects\Kartoffelphantom\Tram\DDR_Tramstop.sco
Splines\Kartoffelphantom\Tram\Strab_Asphalt_Car.sli
Splines\whistlehead roadways\- Other splines\Roundabout.sli
Bro with all do respect i have settled this for you both in dm's on discord and on fellowsfilm. I have posted various updates in this support forum regarding the update and the reasons as to why certain packs are unavailable. This map has been on here for several months now almost a year and in that time i have posted update after update in this forum. If i tell you ALL in this thread that im working on an update i EXPECT people to respect that this will not happen overnight. I am now getting extremely annoyed at having to explain the same thing to the same people several times. I have a CHILD and a JOB and they will and always have taken priority over my projects. Take this as you will if it offends you, consider how offended content creators get when they sit behind a computer screen copying and pasting the same messages 500 times to people who constantly barrage their dm's with requests for beta and early access as well as solutions to forum posts that have been written 100 times to 100 people. This is not including the time it takes (when working on said update as i write this) we are having to take out of working on the project to even explain something that in absolute honesty shouldn't need explaining. I do not take an pleasure in writing posts such as this but tbh im now having to do so. The members of the community need to realize that the majority of the content on this forum is FREE this means we take our time to do this for a community we love with no profit to our daily lives. It involves no pay and thus no income and therefor life has to take priority. I understand most of you are excited about playing my map and i'm grateful and above appreciative of that but please for the love of god read the GOD DAMN Support section before posting a request (its just good etiquette) I do understand your desire and enthusiasm to play on Yorkshire Counties but here's the simple facts:

1) The map needs updating due to unavailable assets on websites such as aussiex
2) The editor is fickle and so deleting and replacing splines, objects, notepad ++ ect are not straight forward.
3) Areas and assets are being customized so i need to wait for assets first.
4) NEW AREAS DONT BUILD THEMSELVES..... this is the big one (you all asked for new areas) Due to high demand im extending the map.
5) LIFE....Just LIFE!!!!

Hopefully i can roll this update out sooner rather than later but for now its difficult to get assets (which i understand is frustrating but the maps been available for 11months before this happened.) I have no set date but im working and putting all my time and effort into this map back shelving other projects. Lastly but not least if you cannot understand that this post is honest and yes direct then you need to seriously have a think about just what it takes to make and release content and have a go in the freaking editor yourselves and come back to me. Thanks to those who are being patient i am exceptionally humbled and grateful of the continued support you all show and trust me when i say its YOU guys and girls i make my content for.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread